Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Let's Get Organized!


Now that we’ve had an opportunity to relax and rejuvenate, it is time to start thinking about the upcoming school year.  I like to take a bit of time before students return to reorganize my classroom.  Are you the same way?  As I am organizing, I love to have everything I need at my fingertips.  This includes letters, numbers, and symbols to set up by bulletin board displays, labels for the inside of my books, and larger labels for book bins.


 When it comes time to set up my bulletin board displays, I like to have all of the letters, numbers, and symbols I need.  Too many times, I’ve had to sort through my letters only to come up short by one or two letters. That is extremely frustrating!  I either have to stop what I’m doing and run to the store to purchase an additional set---for just one or two letters, or change my display.  Now, I simply print out what I want to spell, laminate the letters, and I am good to go.  This cuts down tremendously on the time it takes to set up my classroom.  (Since they are laminated and I sometimes use the same words each year, I don’t have to take the time to reprint and re-laminate everything.)



As a reading teacher, I am constantly adding new books to my classroom library.  It is so nice to have labels ready to go so that I can put in the genre and the reading level and get it into the correct bin.  Taking the time to do this cuts down on the amount of books students leave laying around.   Since my bins are labeled as well, student helpers can easily put books in their proper location.


After ten years in the middle school classroom, I created an organizational system that helps me quickly and efficiently label my classroom library.  I’ve bundled my organizational products and listed them at a discounted price in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  Download your free sample here


Click the picture below to go to this product.




Have a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment